Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Taking on CSAT

so finally the long wait is over and we are in possession of the tentative syllabus for CSAT. A number of aspirants are troubled by this change- a break from the past,a variation from the usual and known.The result has been to view this change as another imposed obstacle to clear the exam instead of a scintillating opportunity to make hay while the sun shines.I am sure many will be confused as regards my previous statement,but the answers reasonably simple.
No one wins or loses a race before it starts.each has just the same probability to win.The course is changed things are unsettled and no one is absolutely sure of the result-including the Self professed Pundits of Rajendra and Mukherjee nagar.some say calamity-i say the best of opportunity.What happens when a foreign invader plunders and retreats??
Bands of robbers swoop in and finish off the job!this has always been the case in India.A glance in history will prove me right.What do you do when a change in syllabus leaves conditions unsettled in  CSE preparations?Whosoever you are,whatever your level of preparation-the stage is set for you to ride in and plunder away
glory,once and for all!!no one to stop you,no one at an advantage,all at the same spot the same time,the same paper and no one with a added advantage-however minuscule!!!what are you waiting for then?

as you think that over,here is the syllabus


From Civil Service Examination 2011, Preliminary Examination would consist of two papers- Paper I and Paper II. The syllabus and pattern of the Preliminary Examination would be as under :



(Paper 1) (200 marks) - Duration : Two hrs. 



· Current events of national and international importance

· History of India and Indian national movement

· Indian and World Geography- physical, social, economic geography of India and the world

· Indian Polity and governance – constitution, political system, panchayati raj, public policy, Rights issues, etc.

· Economic and social development – sustainable development, poverty, inclusion, demographics, social sector initiatives etc.

· General issues on environmental ecology, bio-diversity and climate change-that donot require subject specialization

· General science. 



(Paper II) (200 marks) – Duration : Two hrs



· Comprehension

· Interpersonal skills including communication skills

· Logical reasoning and analytical ability

· Decision making and problem solving

· General mental ability

· Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc. (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. –Class X level)

· English language comprehension skills (Class X level)



******


i will come up with a strategy for each segment of the syllabus in due time,busy for now with my mains that begin in a weeks time,Till then dont lose heart,dont listen to doomsday predictions of how this is engineer friendly,how this will be swept away by MBA aspirants etc.Dont read those special adds by dubious coaching classes waiting to rip you off.Just get mentally ready to clear the exam no matter what syllabus and achieve your dreams.

6 comments:

  1. Thank You very much swamy!!
    and BEST OF LUCK for Your Mains!!..
    Will be waiting for your strategy for CSAT...

    regards
    sagar

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you sagar...ill do what i can

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi swamy, i find ure blog very inspiring, i could not make it through the prelims in 2010 but i am preparing for my 2nd attempt with the right earnest. I hope you can help me with my queries regarding the material and books to be used, I would be grateful to you. I am studying Indian Economy from Uma Kapila and Sriram's printed notes because i found it pretty coherent. Is it also necessary for me to study Dutt and Sundaram? I find Dutt and Sundaram a bit voluminous. I would also like to know how I should use the Economic Survey, what are the areas I should concentrate on in the Economic Survey.
    your blog provides me the inspiration of achieving the impossible, please help me out with my queries.
    Take care
    Varoon

    ReplyDelete
  4. do not worry about past failures.learn from them friend.Remember-
    yesterday is history,tomorrow's a mystery.today is a gift-that;s why they call it the present.
    its up to you,to use your present the way you wish to.
    I will make some things clear-never sort sell success.
    dont make your goals short term.i have noted a tendency of compartmentalization in many aspirants-
    they think-prelimns first,lets clear that and worry about mains after i clear,then worry of mains leaving the interview for later.does not work,trust me.
    have you seen mains papers?they are so different in comparison to previous years that we were taken back.
    what i studied during prelimns i wrote in mains,cause what i studied for mains was not asked!!
    so dont divide study as pelimns and mains.only orientation varies-facts and figures for prelimns and for mains the abstract cocept.

    as for economics,read what you feel like without getting bored,but for sure read up every word related to economy in THE HINDU,as theres where the questions are being increasingly asked.

    As for economic survey-the devil lies in the details so follow he table and highlights in it carefully.

    and lastly,what you aim to achieve is not impossible,hundreds every year do it,whats the big deal?
    i am sure you will come out on top with great results-just work towards what you had the guts to dream.
    all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Swamy

    I recently came across your blog and found it very useful and informative. Thank you for sharing your experiences and learnings with the rest of us. I do not attend any coaching classes as there are very few coaching centres that can guide me for my optionals- botany and zoology; basic life sciences. But the problem which I face with that is it is hard for me to pace myself and rate my progress. I am concentrating on the mains at the moment, including GS and will prepare for CSAT, January onwards. I hope that will be enough. I'd be grateful if you could share a few tips on how to keep up with the syllabus and be well prepared for the exams.

    Good luck with the interview. I'm sure you'll sail through the mains!

    Debo

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for your warm wishes,i am grateful.im posting a completely new post answering your query so that others may benefit.please follow that,thank you.

    ReplyDelete